Pipestone System Swine Technician in Aurora, South Dakota
Swine production continues to play a vital role in the economics of many rural communities throughout the U.S. Entry level positions with independent producers, small production companies, large corporations, and allied industries pay well and offer unlimited opportunity for advancement. Site and department managers oversee the day-to-day operation of a swine production unit and must have good animal husbandry skills to be successful.
There is a high demand for skilled swine caretakers in all areas of production throughout the Midwest. Managers with effective communication and problem-solving skills are in high demand throughout the industry.
Physical Job Requirements
In order to perform the essential functions of a Swine Technician with EMP SERV, LLC all applicants should be able to:
- Stand, walk and be on feet 8 to 10 hours per day.
- Frequently bend, reach, squat and kneel.
- Frequently use one or both hands/arms to grasp or pull. (Employee uses power washer with 3000 psi force and 5 gallons per minute flow.)
- Frequently lift objects weighing 3 to 20 pounds.
- Occasional bend while pulling and/or lifting objects weighing up to 50 pounds, or requiring up to 50 pounds of force to move.
- Occasionally bend while pulling and/or lifting objects weighing, up to 100 pounds, or requiring up to 100 pounds of force to move – with the assistance of another person as needed.
Company Name: Pipestone System
Location: Aurora, SD
Date Posted: February 29, 2016
Category: Farm & Maintenance
Job Type: Full-time