Costello Companies Apartment Property Manager in Mobridge, South Dakota
Full-time Property Manager for apartment and townhome communities in the Mobridge, SD. This is a full-time position and reports to the Regional Manager.
The Property Manager is responsible for assisting the Regional Manager in performing all duties and functions required for the efficient operation of their apartment and townhome communities. The Property Manager, in conjunction with the Regional Manager, helps the property owner preserve and increase the value of the real estate investment. They manage the day to day financial operations of the property including finding and placing qualified tenants per company policy and state and federal regulations and ensure the property is in good working order.
Preferred candidate qualifications:
- Ability to demonstrate customer service and or sales experience
- Ability to demonstrate computer skills and basic office equipment knowledge
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently
Seeking qualified candidates who have previous experience in property management or hospitality sales. A two- or four-year degree in real estate management or business administration is preferred. Property Managers must have OR the ability to obtain a Residential Rental Agent license within 3 months of hire. All fees will be paid and forms provided by the company when hired for the Property Manager position
We offer a great benefit package including paid vacation and sick, group health care, vision, dental, life insurance, 401(k) and more! Competitive pay is based on experience.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen. We E-Verify.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate ability to understand financial goals, operate the community in the owners’ best interest in accordance with Policies and Procedures Manual
- Maintain accurate records of all community transactions and submit on a timely basis (rent deposits, delinquency reports, etc.)
- Ensure all rent and late fees are collected, posted, and deposited in a timely manner to maintain receivables below 5%.
- Generate necessary documents and process in accordance with regulations
- Provide communication with vendors to ensure prompt and quality service
- Ensure that invoices are submitted to the accounting department for payment.
- Responsible to keep expenses within budget, by communicating with Regional Manager to adhere to set policies for obtaining verifiable receipts.
- Responsible for securing and maintaining long-term tenants to maintain vacancies below 5%.
- Perform showings of units to prospective tenants.
- Secure, distribute and maintain applications for long-term leases
- Process and ensures move in paperwork with tenants is complete to set regulations
- Performs move in inspections to establish an accurate benchmark for unit condition
- Monitor community to insure that company policies and procedures are followed to maintain standards for safety, quality, and overall company and tenant satisfaction
- Performs move out inspections to ensure there are no damages and correct deposit is refunded, if applicable.
- Inspect grounds and facility routinely to determine repair needs.
- Processes and ensures move-in paperwork is complete and timely to applicable housing regulations
- Processes and ensures annual recertification paperwork is complete and timely to applicable housing regulations
- Maintains acceptable levels of file compliance per company policy and program type when examined by internal and external audits
- Corrects any noncompliance issues discovered in files and does not repeat issues addressed previously
- Observe given office hours, and be available for off hour emergencies
- Coordinate/Supervise support staff personnel in their daily tasks to ensure company expectations are understood and the job is done in a timely manner
- Provide a high level of service to prospective tenants, tenants, vendors, and coworkers.
- Arrange and ensure all maintenance requests are done correctly and completed in the allotted time frame.
- Respond to all emails and phone calls in a timely manner
- Observe all company personnel, quality, and safety policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of property management and marked ability to analyze and respond to site problems
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Working knowledge of fair housing regulations
- Working knowledge of applicable housing compliance regulations
- Considerable skill in problem solving and conflict resolution
- The ability to maintain confidentiality in regards to information and situations
- Excellent computer skills required
- Bachelor’s degree or post-secondary education preferred, High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must have Valid Driver’s License and Automobile Insurance
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must be able to obtain Real Estate Rental Agent License within 3 months of hire.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, occasionally lift up to 50 pounds or crawl; and talk or hear.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, body fluids and toxic or caustic chemicals.