General Electric Manager, Licensing and Technology Ventures in Pierre, South Dakota
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Responsible for the structuring, negotiation and execution of outbound intellectual property/technology based transactions. In this role the individual will work closely with internal GE Venture Licensing (GEVL) program development teams to help shape the program and prepare it for licensing to third parties.
• Organize and lead negotiations with third parties for intellectual property/technology based license (and associated) transactions under the direction of the Managing Director of Licensing
• Partner with GEVL Program Managers by developing business cases for new programs from GE patents/ technologies
• Partner with GEVL program build teams to identify appropriate patent/technology candidates to then build into revenue producing license (or associated) programs
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university degree from an accredited university or college in engineering, chemistry, physics or a related field (or high school diploma/GED or equivalent with at least 10 years of experience in a Science, Licensing or Technology role)
• Minimum 10 years’ experience negotiating and closing revenue producing license agreements
• Ability to travel up to 50% (including international)
• Advanced degree in engineering or physical sciences
• Demonstrated experience leading evaluation of new technologies
• Demonstrated proficiency assessing project risks and prioritizing mitigation plans to meet timelines
• Demonstrated experience in intellectual property analysis and landscape assessment
• Experience with technology transfer and/or joint development across multiple companies
• Able to effectively interface with all levels of internal and external customers
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Ability to work independently
• Extensive knowledge of patent law as it related to licensing and transactions
• MBA or equivalent experience
• Deal sheet preferred or equivalent
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
Locations: United States; Massachusetts, New York; Niskayuna; Boston
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.