American Express Senior Manager-Risk Management (Virtual) in Pierre, South Dakota
Capabilities Architect/Product Manager
“Risk Systems Innovation” team is a new “tech startup” within the Risk & Information Management organization at American Express – created with the mission of building the next generation of risk management systems, designed for long-term adaptability to keep pace with emerging technologies and a dynamic competitive landscape.
*Roles & Responsibilities:
The incumbent will lead transformation of risk systems, play a central role in detailing the blueprint, and work in close partnership with Credit Risk, Fraud, Advanced Risk Capabilities (ARC), American Express Technologies (AET), and Information Management (IM) teams, as well as external experts to arrive at the best design/solution and oversee its execution.
Roles & Responsibilities Include: * As a New Accounts Product Manager, drive fundamental transformation of Prospecting/New Accounts global processes to improve applicant approval rates and enable new underwriting use cases; uplift several systems/processes including but not limited to - * Global New Accounts (GNA) modernization (workflow management, rules engine, etc.) * E-Apply * Vendor Integration (new data sources, mobile capture, etc.) * Risk Decision Capabilities * As a Product Manager, translate needs of business owners and deliver on Product roadmap * Develop epics, storyboards, and user stories with stakeholders * Collaborate with development team for new product development * Coordinate between multiple scrum teams working on the common product backlog within the department * Drive transformation of connectivity between legacy systems and design new cleaner pipes to reduce overhead * Design a practical and effective data rationalization methodology to reduce redundancy of variables across different sources.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in technical solutions/capability development
- Minimum 2 year experience in an Agile Product Owner role
- Deep and broad expertise in systems/capability development including data flows, database design
- Strong ability to think strategically to enable fundamental transformation
- Understanding of American Express on-boarding and customer management risk systems/processes is very desirable
- Advanced degree in computer science field or similar
- Ability to utilize analytical tools such as SAS, R, Hive is a plus Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Title: Senior Manager-Risk Management (Virtual)
Requisition ID: 17007461