Sweetman Const. Co. Plant Maintenance & Operations in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
This position starts out at $15.65 and up, depending on experience.
Responsible for performing clean-up and routine asphalt plant maintenance and plant operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform routine plant maintenance, including clean up.
- Inspect plant for necessary maintenance and complete repairs as assigned.
- Operate hand tools and safety equipment including, but not limited to: grease guns, wrenches, shovels, fire hoses and cutting torches.
- Assist with operations of asphalt plant as directed by supervisor or asphalt plant operator.
- Be able to work at heights.
- Obey all safety rules and work in a safe manner.
- Work alone or work with other employees in a friendly & cooperative manner.
- Be self-motivated
- Be receptive to ongoing education about products and how they work.
- Operate a motor vehicle.
- Communicate inspections to supervisor or asphalt plant operator.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Driver’s License
- Steel toed shoes
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to walk up and down ladders and steps.
- Must be able to hear back up alarms or other noises suggesting danger.
- Must be able to stand and sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to crawl in and around hoppers, chutes, etc.
- Must be able to lift and move 70 pounds unassisted.
- Must be able to lift and move 50 pounds 25 times per day.
- Must have good eye, hand coordination, close up vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.