MetaBank Statistical Analyst I in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
The Statistical Analyst I will be responsible for consulting with clients and applying statistical theories and methods to identify and define trends, measure performance assess financial strength. The Analyst will be expected to collect and organize information from a variety of sources. Advise managers and other decision makers on the impacts of various courses of action to take in order to properly solve current issues.
Essential Job Functions:
- Examine information to determine what is relevant to the problem and what methods should be used to analyze it.
- Use statistical analysis or simulations to analyze information and develop practical solutions to business problems.
- Analyze data using a variety of tools, algorithms and models; develop new models.
- Work closely with internal and external partners to obtain supporting information and data and develop a consistent view of performance and operational functions.
- Create and maintain a statistical library, including associated documentation.
- Build new and improve existing statistical models, reports and presentations.
- Define, track and model key variables and metrics, and provide recommendations and direction.
- Interpret data analyzed and produce reports for a variety of audiences.
- Prepares regular and ad hoc reports and provides commentary on those reports, highlighting positive and negative results and possible causes and solutions.
- Be aware of customer business needs and acting accordingly; anticipating customer needs, and giving high priority to customer satisfaction and customer service.
- Actively and continuously gain insight of strengths and weaknesses in order to identify the relevant areas that need further development (with regard to skills and knowledge) and acting upon it.
- Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication strategies in order to inspire and guide individuals and to gain acceptance of ideas and plans
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Master’s Degree desired.
- 2+ years of experience working with financial, operational analysis, modeling and reporting preferred.
- Experienced with SQL, SAS or similar programming languages required.
MetaBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Department: 669-Data Warehouse/MIS
Location: Sioux Falls, SD