MetaBank Test Analyst (2) in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
A Test Analyst is responsible for improving the quality of innovative products and solutions by developing and running automated tests to objectively assess conformance to the mutually-agreed upon requirements. This position also contributes to a team that develops, modifies and executes test plans; analyzes and writes test cases; performs acceptance testing and maintains documentation of all results.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with various business department teams to identify test requirements, build test plans, define and write testing cases.
- Contribute to estimates on work in a timely manner and deliver against them.
- Execute test plans and test cases in coordination with development schedules to test products, features and enhancements for the software release.
- Build test data necessary to perform the tests.
- Participate in reviews of test artifacts such as test plans, test cases and test results for completeness.
- Execute functional and regression testing.
- Support end-user quality testing for projects and system enhancements.
- Work closely with business users to analyze and reproduce debugs to determine root cause, ensure bugs are retested when fixed, and adhere to the defect tracking process.
- Report on the progress and results of the testing activities for software releases.
- Assists in maintaining documented processes, best practices and standards.
- Provide input on team opportunities and expanding testing coverage.
- Stay current and knowledgeable on Information Systems policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Technical degree preferred or equivalent experience required.**
- Software Testing Certification is desired. **
- General knowledge the software development lifecycle, preferably Agile/Lean or Scrum.
- Demonstrated ability to design and run manual test on new features with a goal to automate testing.
- General knowledge of file management, job scheduling and FTP required.
- Ability to query SQL database tables, analyze data and data file formats for test validation purposes required.
- Experience with Visual Studio Team Foundation Server and Microsoft Test Manager desired.
MetaBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Department: 710-IS Development
Location: Sioux Falls, SD