Good Samaritan Society Van Driver in SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota
We are looking for an engaging and outgoing individual for a customer driven position as a Van Driver. Applicant must be friendly, pleasant, maintain great customer service and be helpful to hospital and center staff, family members and admission team. This rotating, on-call position will provide transportation for residents from the hospitals and other locations. They will assist in loading and unloading residents and their belongings out of the vehicle and check-in at the Good Samaritan Society center.
The on-call schedule is shared between three drivers. Total hours for the position tend to be about 15-20 hours per month. The position provides flexibility with scheduling hours.
Is responsible to drive the location vehicle to transport residents, according to Good Samaritan mission, location standards, and procedures.
- Drives location's vehicle in a safe and courteous manner.
- Plans most efficient and effective route prior to transportation of residents to and from destination.
- Follows all state, local and GSS safety rules; ensures all seat belts are fastened prior to moving vehicle. Assists residents in and out of the vehicle.
- Maintains accurate, up to date records. Complete accurate and timely reports; to include incidents of any kind and shares report with designated staff.
- Performs daily and preventive maintenance on vehicles; including keeping vehicle filled with gas and checking oil. Documents all completed work and tests performed.
- Completes interior and exterior cleaning of vehicle as identified in policy, and more often if needed.
- May assist with activities.
Qualifications Prior experience with frail elderly and driving a vehicle; paid or volunteer experience or leading group activities helpful. Must have a valid driver's license, and a favorable Motor Vehicle Report. Must be at least 21 years of age to operate a Society Class B or C DOT regulated vehicle. Ability to communicate and comprehend.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status.
Req id: 6495 In the Good Samaritan Society, we believe that "In Christ's Love, Everyone is Someone."
Show YOU care, Join us today
Location: SIOUX FALLS, SD
Job Type(s): Part-Time
Range: 13.00 - 14.00
Facility: 7890 - GSS Sioux Falls Village